Bio 400 Super Replacement Filters
How to Prepare your Bio 400 Super Replacement Filters
1. Remove: Upper filter and main filter cartridge from unit.
2. From filter kit remove: Sub mineral cartridge, Bio Ceramic block (White stone) & Brown Far infra-red disc.
3. Soak components in cold water for 10 - 20 minutes.
4. Rinse upper (Brown filter), main filter, Far infra-red disc, sub mineral cartridge & Bio Ceramic block under cold running tap water.
5. Main & Upper (Brown filter) will emit grey water initially. This is excess carbon powder.
6. Shake Upper filter & rinse again, repeat 2 to 3 times until no further excess carbon is emitted)
7. Insert (brown filter) upper filter cartridge into place in filter system this must be flushed with warm/hot water & will emit an odor initially. (This is from a natural sea based resin which removes the Fluoride) it is harmless & will disappear with continued use or alternatively repeat flushing cycle until odor is no longer present. This process may take a little time & only needs to be done once with each new upper (Brown) filter.
8. Then Screw main filter into place fill pot another two times with cold tap water and empty.
9. When finished cold flushing, rinse pot under cold clean running water, assemble remainder of components & you are ready to start using.
10. Pre filters (White pads) are under a plastic circular bracket, located in the housing that holds upper (brown filter) in place.
11. To change pre filters see circular plastic grille in centre with small knob protruding upwards. Push to the side with thumb & circular grille will pop out change pads as required when dis-coloured or every 2 – 3 weeks
CHANGE PRE FILTERS 14 DAYS
CHANGE UPPER FILTERS 8 MTHS
CHANGE MAIN FILTER 24 MTHS
Every 6 months take pot apart and wash glass in warm soapy water, rinse thoroughly after washing
If your pot has a tap, unscrew this and clean components, take some pipe cleaners and clean inside the tap.
Click here for flushing instructions